Notice to Licensee's Regarding the New Continuing Education Requirements
Effective June 2013, all licensees must complete 24 Hours of Continuing Education each year prior to the expiration of their license. Please refer to the CHART for specific dates that apply to you.
Summary of the 24-Hour Requirement:
Six hours of mandatory coursework within the following categories:
Two Hours In:
- Ethics & Law [CCR 361(g)(11)]. You can take more than the minimum two hours, you can take these hours as part of your distance learning/on-line coursework, but you must take a minimum of two (2) hours each year in this specific topic.
Four Hours in Any One or a Combination of the Following Categories:
- History Taking and Physical Examination Procedures [CCR 361(g)(3)]
- Chiropractic Adjustive or Manipulation Techniques [CCR 361(g)(5)]
- Proper and Ethical Billing and Coding [CCR 361 (g)(10)]
The remaining 18 hours may be taken in any of the categories listed in CCR Section 361, including the mandatory categories listed above.
Additional New Information
- You are now allowed to complete up to 12 hours per year via distance or on-line learning [CCR 363.1].
- You may receive four (4) hours of CE credit annually for attending a full board meeting [CCR 361(g)(15)].
- You many take courses approved for continuing education credits by any California health care board [CCR 361(h)]. However, the six hours of mandatory coursework must be from a Board of Chiropractic Examiners approved CE course.
Please contact the Board office for additional information regarding CE requirements